Howdy from Kentucky!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footballgirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just bought a 150 year old home that needs a ton of work.
I'm ready to get my hands dirty!
I'm a fast learner but I ask a lot of questions.
I have a bunch of irons in the fire but first thing is first! The dreaded kitchen floor!
Off to work...

Welcome to House Repair Talk. Best get those DIY's done cause football season will be here before you know it.

And who's your team?

Starting to take up 3 layers of linolem bright and early tomorrow morning and hoping that I don't have to take on the expense of a new sub floor. Cross your fingers!

My college team is the Louisville Cardinals. I haven't missed a home game in 17 years! I'm so excited about our new coach Charlie Strong!
Being from Nashville...are you a Volunteer?

Welcome to HouseRepairTalk! You have any pics of your home?

No worries take your time. If you need any help let me know.

Okay. Here is what i've done so far. I laid everything that I could without a cutter that I am borrowing from a friend.
Wish me luck and any pointer on how to use it without losing a digit?
It is a rather intimidating machine!
I have to do all of this while potty training 2 puppies, having a 2 year old birthday party and teenagers all over the place when school lets out in 7 days.
THEN...next project is the fireplace hearth. I'll get some pictures up of that because I will need all the advice I can get. I have to cover some damaged limestone.
PS... TX, I dont have any patio furniture but I have a play set that needs to be put up if you wanna come over:)
I'll buy beer. haha

30111_440839484224_597119224_5520982_4424611_n.jpg

It's an on going joke over here. I would love to help you, as long as you're not my Father in Law! You're not right?

Nope. Not your Father In Law. :)
Just some crazy girl that bought a house that's broken.
What was I thinking?

TX will never be the same with patio furniture again.:D

The tile saw is ok, the blade does not cut flesh like a tooth saw does, the worst you can get is an abrasion unless your finger gets stuck under the blade for some rediculous reason. I cut tile all the time, it is really easy an not bad at all. Just respect the saw and blade, keep you fingers away and you should be fine.
Have fun.:)

Back