Buying flagstone - but not a whole pallet

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HouseIsBoss

Reaction score
Hello:

I'm planning a project to repair my flagstone patio, which has several broken slabs, and some that are uneven due to settling/washout of the base. About 10 pieces are broken, but I've determined that I can cut some of the larger pieces down in order to replace the damaged smaller pieces. I may ultimately only need to acquire about five new slabs ranging in size from roughly 24"x24" to 24"x36".

I've never bought stone before, but my understanding is that it's sold by the pallet, which would be a problem for me due to not needing that amount for this project
(or the cost). I'd love to hear some suggestions on how/where I might buy just the amount of flagstone that I need for this project. Is it possible that stone dealers might have odd lots around that they'd sell at a good price?

Welcome to the site. I think the advertize the price per ton (Pallot) smaller amount are sold by the pound for a bigger price. Have you looked for used or others that might have leftovers.

Thanks for your reply. I haven't made a trip to a local stone dealer yet, as I was trying to get in as much homework as I could first so I'd know just what I needed to buy, how much of it, and exactly how it's sold. Used flagstone would be probably be good too, and might make a good match for what I already have down on the patio. What are good sources for used flagstone? Thanks again!

Back