Threading tool

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crapbathroom

Reaction score
I have a tub faucet, and it is supposed to thread onto my copper pipe that juts out of the wall, however my pipe hasn't got a thread on it, to screw the faucet on! My mum told me there is a tool you can get that makes a thread in your copper pipe, do any of you know if I would be able to get this tool at Home Depot? or a plumbing store in the Oshawa Ontario region? Help! it's extremely important that I find a tool like this, because I really don't have the money to pay the plumber $65.00 to just make a little thread.

if the pipe is copper, then you don't thread it but rather you get a little piece that has threads on it and solder that to the copper pipe. Most of the time these pieces of pipes (nipples or stubbs) are made of Galv. iron and you buy one the right length and fit it up. Some tub spigots slide over pipes and use o-rings to seal and a small screw to hold in place.
What ever you do make sure that it does not leak back inside the wall where you can not see it.

The Cheap Solution®

just get a copper 90 and stick it on the end of the copper pipe. Ugly,yes. but it will work fine. Just make sure you seal the hole where the pipe comes out of the wall. Ideally it should be soldered on but it may just stick there on its own, and if it leaks as your filling the tub, so what.

yeah that nice plumber of mine, put an angled piece on the end of my pipe and extended it so that we could use the tub before the bathroom was finished (only tub/shower at all in the house, crap house), the pipe IS copper im just not sure about the piece on the end with the thread, because the thread is pretty deep inside the spout its going to be hard to fit.

Latest posts

Back