Qwest Box Hanging off of the wall

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ME87

Reaction score
This was done by previous owner and I'm not an expert on stucco repair. They had some nails and other random stuff, stuffed in the holes to try and keep the anchors in to no avail. The holes are now about 3/8" or larger in the stucco. What is the proper way to get this thing anchored and sealed as you can see there is also about a 2" X 4" sized hole for the cables as well.

IMAG0449.jpg

IMAG0448.jpg

It should have been mounted using Tap Con screws in predrilled holes.
I'd just use stucco mix to fill in the old holes and redrill new ones for the right sized screws with a hammer drill and a masonery bit.

It should have been mounted using Tap Con screws in predrilled holes.
I'd just use stucco mix to fill in the old holes and redrill new ones for the right sized screws with a hammer drill and a masonery bit.

No, it looks like they tried to use plastic push style drywall anchors the first time around.

Those cheap anchors never work, they spin before anything gets tight.

Went and got some stucco mix and TapCon screws tonight. Probably won't get time to do the work until this weekend as it's dark when I get home, but at least I've got the supplies. Thanks for the help.

Back