Hailing from Tacoma, Washington

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raminator

Reaction score
Hello all. My name is James, and I'm (yep) new here.

My wife and I purchased our home in November, 2007 and we've been working to slowly make it "ours" ever since. It's a Craftsman home, circa 1922 and it's plenty big for the needs of our growing family. We have a son, who is 11 months old and are working on the second.

I joined up because this looks like a great place to obtain great information on how to manage my home repairs, upgrades, remodels, etc. We're gonna be in this house for a long time (all things considered) so we want to really go all out and make it as nice as humanly possible on a budget that is, well, down to earth.

To date, we've addressed such things as painting most of the rooms. The color of the inside, when we bought the house, was this awful smoker's cream ugly color. I've gone through and fixed some of the outlets and made changes here and there to the lighting. My 3-5 year plans include upgrading the wiring (it's knob and tube right now), upgrading the plumbing, and remodeling the bathroom (as well as possibly adding another).

Anyways, enough rambling from me. I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this forum. Thank you.

-James

Couple of pics:

As purchased:
LawnCare13.jpg

House01.jpg

The back:
House04.jpg

The kitchen (after paint):
2008-03-29KitchenSinkAreaSmall.jpg

Thanks for looking!

WELCOME TO THE HOME REPAIR FORUM,

VERY NICE PICTURES, ACCORDING TO WASHINGTON STATE PLUMBING CODE
YOU SHOULD HAVE A AIRGAP INSTALLED ON YOUR KITCHEN SINK BETWEEN
THE DISHWASHER AND THE GARBAGE DISPOSER OR DRAIN OUTLET TO PROTECT THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF YOUR FAMILY !
I SPENT 5 YEARS IN TACOMA WORKING AS A PLUMBER :welcome:

Welcome James and Mrs.:
It is a beautiful home; three stories on a small foot print and it looks like the basement can be drained naturally. Even the inside looks very well kept and neat. Its the kind of place any young couple would dream of having.
There are many seasoned professionals here along with the DIYers who may have been through the same projects you will be doing. The advice is free and we will be happy to help you with any questions. Thanks for the pictures, they really help.
Glenn

Back