Long wood screws

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmc0319

Reaction score
Help. I need either 5 or 6 inch flat head wood screws and I can't find them anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

Thanks Neal. I am making a farm house table for my son and his wife. I want to be sure the legs are braced properly.

Getting a file not found on that Neal.

Plug cutters come in all sizes so you could countersink and plug the holes with the same wood.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii1ZA6pq3_Y[/ame]

Thanks I might try that

I know what a farm table is.What are you using the long screws for?Joining what to what?Have you considered some type of joinery in place of screws?

Something for future reference and something I have done a lot of times. Coming from a metal working background I have many times tapped wood (hardwood is best) with metal cutting taps. You can then use common bolts to put things together. .25-20, .312-18, .375-16, .50-13 etc. I try and tap them quite a bit deeper than I would in steel and then use a little yellow glue at assembly. The joints really hold strong and no chance of cracking like with a wood screw cutting in.

Here's a picture if the table. Need to add a few plugs then on to sanding and more sanding. ImageUploadedByHome Repair1411760957.088546.jpg

Latest posts

Back