Decks and bugs

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fixer

Reaction score
My wife hate bugs any ideas what I can ue to keep them aways? The smell of those scented candles makes her head hurt

i hate those smells also! how about those torches they are nice looking also decorating the outside :cool:

We use the torches and they are wonderful. The only thing is you kind of have to be sitting somewhere near them, and not too far away.

misquots and my kids are scared of bees one of them got stung last year so when she sees one she is scarced to death

We use clear bags of water to keep the flies away. They see their reflection and get scared. Might work with other flying insects.

For bees make a trap. Cut the top off a plastic pop bottle, flip it over and tape it to the bottle. Pour in some sugar water (pop or cool aid etc.) and the bees go in but can't find they're way out. Place it couple a short distance away from the deck, works great.

A good way to do the torches is to use a 3/4" drill bit and drill through the top and bottom caps of your handrail, this works great to hold the torches. If your keeping them outside all the time I recommend getting some of the metal ones because on the bamboo ones dont last very long.

Back