floating bathroom vanity

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notaplumber

Reaction score
Working on a master bath remodel, and considering the vanity I'm going to use. A number of the models I've looked at attach to the wall only, with no feet touching the floor. It's a neat look, but I've only had experience installing more traditional cabinet bases. One question I have regards tiling around the cabinet. The bathroom will have a tile wainscot, which will also serve as the back splash for the vanity. Typically, I'd install the cabinet before any tiling. Does that hold for these "floating" cabinets. It almost seems like they'd look better if the tile work was done before the cabinet was installed. Any thoughts?

I would think your going to use lag bolts or something simular to hold the cab. When you tighten them you will stress the tile, I would tile around.

I would think your going to use lag bolts or something simular to hold the cab. When you tighten them you will stress the tile, I would tile around.

You make an excellent point. Cracking the tile during the cabinet installation would make for a bad day. I'll tile around. I appreciate the input.

What you will find to be a pain with those hanging vanitys is it's a pain to clean under it unless you buy a real narrow one and there's limited storage area in it.
It also really needs to have 2 X 6 backing in behind the walls to give enough support where the bolts go.

they are attached to the wall. A little more difficult to install then standard but really a very sharp look.

Latest posts

Back