The Mysterious Drip

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you thought of the possibility of a leak in your shower riser? it would only leak when the shower was on.

2D Hot water loop.jpg

Yes. It's definitely a possibility, although I would have expected to see some damage/staining somewhere along the outside wall, too?

If it was leaking from the shower head or the faucet, wouldn't it be running back down the pipe and dripping right into the access area?

-6.jpg

I like the duct tape, but how well is it stuck to the grout, the lip on the tub runs all the way around so check the caulk all the way around, check the corners where the tile meet, ithe grout often cracks there.

Thanks Neal, will try this next.

have you given thought to leaking around the shower curton,

Yes. It's a double shower curtain, one hangs inside the tub, one outside. The inside one goes wal-to-wall. You think there might still be drips even with a double curtain?

yes, my wife puts that foo foo double, pink flowered ugly........................

ok,,i'm back, the outside curtain is just a purdy...the inside can, [mine] will leak if not draped correctly

best thing, especially with kids, get a sliding door

Back