Leaking hose spigots.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to say this but that vacuum breaker looks factory (if your looks just like that) I don't think it comes off. Might be time for some new faucets. Or you might be able to mix up some jb and plug the holes.

I thought it might be a factory VB.

So I could just shut the water off and screw the entire faucet off (out of the wall), take it to ace hardware, get a new one, and simply screw it on?

Thanks

So I could just shut the water off and screw the entire faucet off (out of the wall), take it to ace hardware, get a new one, and simply screw it on?

Yes, if it's like the one in the photo and you don't have to back up the supplying pipe/line with a wrench inside the wall.

A frost free faucet goes deeper and would likely need attention from the other side of the wall.

lloyd - Im pretty sure it's not a frost free tap, as I live in the desert, it wouldn't be needed. Ill probly just replace the faucet. Is it against the law to use a regular spigot? or do I have to use vacuum breakers?

It's probably code to use faucets with vacuum breaker, but no one is ever going to call you on it, especially on an older home.

The Vacuum Breaker may have a hole in the side where a tamper proof locking screw is located.

If it does drill it out and it should unscrew.

You can then replace the vacuum breaker. get one that is freeze resistant.

If it is not a separate VB replace the hose bibb and VB. You should take cross connection as a serious problem that can effect the health and well being of your family and neighbors...

Not something that you can get away with....:2cents:

Have a good read at this link!

Back