Gas Stove Problem

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneWithoutAClue

Reaction score
Basically, I was boiling water and the water overflowed out of the pot and into the burner. From then on, that one side (Right Side, Both Burners) has not been working. I fear that it may be leaking a bit of gas. (Can anyone confirm whether or not this is even possible? I have it turned off.) Either way, please let me know what I can do. I think it might be because the portholes are clogged, but I don't understand how that could stop both burners on the right side from working.

The pilot light is most likely out, simply remove the stove top and re-ignite it. I'm assuming this isn't an electric start gas oven.

I think it won't leak gas if it is turned off. Try to replace the spark ignition system or the burner. Remove the burner and replace it with the working one to check if the burner is the problem.

I m agree with the mike's point. Yes Remove the burner and replace it with the working one to check if the burner is the problem.

Thanks

Back