Leaking underneath the Front entry Door

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbaronia

Reaction score
We had couple noreaster rain storms and as a result I saw water in my basement right underneath my front door. After some troubleshooting, I did notice that the J-Channel on the sides of the door are missing. Is this enough to cause a problem? Or should I be looking for something else? Lastly, the top of door is flashed properly.

Thanks,

Sanjay

I doubt a missing J-channel (alone) would have much to do with leaking if there is brick mold or exterio casing on the door assembly. I would look for missing caulk and seal alsewhere.:)

I assume this is vinyl or steel or aluminum siding?:)

We had couple noreaster rain storms and as a result I saw water in my basement right underneath my front door. After some troubleshooting, I did notice that the J-Channel on the sides of the door are missing. Is this enough to cause a problem? Or should I be looking for something else? Lastly, the top of door is flashed properly.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Honestly you may have a drain issue going on elsewhere........ I would make sure all your rain gutters are not flowing in the direction of the home basement ...... :agree:

Aaron,

Have you ever had anyone proof read your own lengthy website?
You should!:)

Back