old 50's lennox heater problems

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottscott

Reaction score
so i just got done replacing the blower motor in my Lennox GF4-110M furnace and went to go light it and now when i hold my pilot reset relay and light the pilot it fails to go to the on position and instead goes back off:mad: i read the old manual and it says its my thermocoupler or my relay but i need a special adapter (i'm sure i'll never find) to do a test to find out which one it is:eek: but my biggest problem is where would i get a new thermocoupler or pilot reset relay at:confused: any help would be great... getting tired of my space heater;)

You should be able to check both t'couple and relay by getting a buck's worth of parts from Radio Shack and a meter.

The thermal couple is standard (I'm guessing since they've been the same since the 1940's) and any hardware store will have them. The big difference is how long they are from 12" to 36". They are also cheap so start with replacing that.

Good Luck,
Frank

Back