Really great to find this site..

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbarnum

Reaction score
I have limited experience building houses.. Have done one where my wife and I did all the work.. with lots of friends and family,,, 4yr project... I said.. I can do this in 2 yrs... :) ( house was on 5 ac, 1989 in Choctaw Ok. was a great experience. House # 2. in San Antonio TX 1992. I was the general contractor,, did a lot of work on it.. and basically packed the 4 yrs of stress on the 1st house into 5 mos. on the 2nd... Then the house we are in now,2004 in Fort Worth . I did almost nothing,, some paint and wired for surround sound & interior insulation and did the landscaping... anyway. that a little about me...

Family man married to my sweet wife Pam 35 Yrs next mo. have 3 grown kids and 4 Grand Kids.. Play drums every week in the Worship band at Church.

Welcome Mitch:
Back in the 70s we said, "build one to learn on, build another to sell and build the third one free". That may not work anymore but it is still a nice dream. If your marriage can survive building 3 houses, you have an outstanding wife, a real keeper.
Keep beatin' out the rythm for the Lord.
Glenn

Back