Bathroom Mirror issues

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briceleigh

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have a suggestion about how to disguise the edges of bathroom mirrors where the silver color is disappearing - can't afford to replace but looking for an idea to disguise it...adhesive transfer/border maybe? Is there a special paint for mirrors? All suggestions gratefully considered!:)

Assuming the mirror is mounted flat to the wall and the damage is within an inch or so of the edge.

If so I would trim it out with any number of specialty trim moldings sold at building centers. You might have to first build out a lip around it with a thin piece of trim and then put a decorative frame around it. Mask and paint the trim to match the bath.

Thanks for this. I am looking forward to shopping around the building centers and will look out for this sort of thing.

I've used something called mirror mates for exactly that reason. It works really well. Check out their web site. Lots of styles to choose from.

Back