Clgged something

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iblashaun

Reaction score
iam not sure what is . clogged,My drains in my basement seem to be working. The drain outside my basement glass sliding doors has water standing in it.i have plunged and finally goes down just to return. i read a article says run water in sink if toilet bowl water rises its sewer drain.tried that did not rise I also have drain just to the right (if in front of house) of the one with water standing in it .Its like 5 feet to the right and if you go 4 feet behind that one there is one in my garage.I know the one that is 5 feet to the right is connected to the one with water in it,cause when plunge one with water ,water comes up over there but does not make one in garage overflow.My drain that is about 3 feet from my main is not over flowing so where can it be

It sounds like you may be confusing sewer drains, (inside your house and ultimately connected to the sewer system) and your homes exterior drain tile system. Two totally unrelated systems. If you have a drain outside of your basement slider it is probably connected to the foundation drain tile system and/or terminates into a french drain or empties via gravity if your property layout allows. If your area has had a lot of rain and the ground is saturated would explain why it refills after you try to clear "the clog". You may need to do some investigating to verify. Do your gutter downspouts go into a drain tile? They may also terminate into a french drain type system.

Back