Waterproofing outer wall

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xweb10

Reaction score
We have recently had a small sport court installed. The floor runs almost flush with the side of the house. When the concrete was poured, it was set at an angle as to prevent rain from pooling against the side of the house. However, I am not convinced that this will keep the house dry. I am concerned with water leaking.

Does anyone have any suggestions to waterproof the bottom portion of our outer wall? Perhaps something that can be placed outside of the stucco?

wall1.jpg

wall2.jpg

wall3.jpg

It looks like the drainage weep screeds are there...I don't think you will have a problem, but it depends on how much rain you get per year...and if this is on the sunny side of the house.
You may be OK....stand there when it rains....or use a hose to see what happens.

It looks like the drainage weep screeds are there...I don't think you will have a problem, but it depends on how much rain you get per year...and if this is on the sunny side of the house.
You may be OK....stand there when it rains....or use a hose to see what happens.

Thanks for the tip. It is a shady side of the house. I live in Southern California so the rainfall is not usually an issue. I just want to be safe.

Latest posts

Back