After a few uses theres no water going to my toilet

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyballer313

Reaction score
Hi I have a problem with my toilet at a restaurant. My bathroom water works perfectly fine for the first 5-10 uses but after that the toilet wont flush anymore Like when I push the flush lever nothing happens. I would have to wait a few hours for it to flush again. Is there any easy fix to this problem?

Sounds like it is time to rebuild the flush mechanism.
Determine if it is a toilet or urinal.
Take note of what type of flush kit name it printed on the top (Royal, Regal, etc...).
Determine it's flush rate (std. or low flow).
Go to local plumbing supply store and purchase a rebuild kit.
Follow the instructions in the kit.

Is it the Flushometer type mentioned by Kok328 or, is it the tank type typically seen in a home?

shut off the water supply and replace everything from supply line to tank internals.
Total cost should be under $25.

With more details we could probably tell you down to a component level what is causing the problem. But as Kok328 stated replace the internal tank components and the supply line from the angle stop valve to the tank as well.

Generally most toilets will take a Fluidmaster 400A Fill Valve, a Korky 2001BP or, 16BP flapper and a 12" braided stainless steel supply line. (Avoid Watts FloodSafe Supply Lines)

However, some toilets may require other proprietary parts as well. Can you tell us what toilet you have or, supply a picture of the inside of the tank?

Back