Pop-up Doesn't Fit

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HippyPimp

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm doing a bathroom remodel for my aunt, and I ran into an odd problem. The flange or seat for the pop-up assembly doesn't seem to fit into the drain hole in the sink. Both the sink (integral bowl) and the pop-up (included with faucet assembly) are brand new. Most problems I've found online seem to be with the drain hole being too big or uneven with the suggestion of using plumbers putty. However, I seem to have either a too large flange, or too small drain hole. As far as I can tell, these two things should always be the same (no different sizes). Has anyone else run into this? Do they actually come in different sizes? Tomorrow, I plan to buy a new pop-up assembly to try, but I'm hoping for more ideas too.

BTW, faucet mfg says no putty is required for either faucet or drain pop-up. Is this typical?

I also have the same problem. could the sink have a defect?? don't know what to do.

Why not put up a picture so we can see what you have...

Back