1-800-help with my pier and beam floor

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjimenez

Reaction score
I am leveling my pier & beam foundation up to 2" in some areas...I don't have a problem raising the front and back walls since I am able to get my jacks directly under the floor joists and shim under the plates and on top of the piers. The problem I'm facing is that I can't get under the plate of the side walls of the house since the floor joist runs parallel to the beam...Any suggestions will be appreciated...

Hello G Jimenez:
You have to have space to get a jack in place and to get you in there to operate the jack. Right off, I can only think of 3 ways to do that; 1 raise the house up or 2 dig the dirt down, 3 take up some floor in trouble areas. Of course you don't want to dig down under the whole house; just pick out the worse places and work on them.
I shudder to think of the guys I've had working under houses; it sure isn't a comfortable or safe place to work.
Glenn

glennjanie said:
I shudder to think of the guys I've had working under houses; it sure isn't a comfortable or safe place to work.
Glenn

Ha!

I was one of your guys!
As I remember, you were there a few times too.

Latest posts

Back