Insulating around a one piece shower

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcf02139

Reaction score
Greetings, I have a one piece fiberglass shower stall as part of a knee wall. See pic.

In the crawl space I see that the knee wall was insulated but they avoided putting any insulation against the shower stall area. Seems to me this area should also be insulated to avoid a cold bathroom and a cold shower stall.

I would think it would cut down on moisture in the attic crawl space as well?

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

Welcome to the site. Yes if that is attic space, it should be insulated and the water pipes should be inside the insulation.

Ok, thanks! Yes, this is a pic of an attic crawl space and the knee wall. So, I suppose I don't need any kind of vapor barrier? Just use the faced insulation with the paper facing the fiber glass shower stall?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
As you can see in the photo, there are 2 vents, one for the shower and one attached to the exit pipe for the sink.

They are inside a crawl space and I was wondering if they needed to be vented thru the roof?

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

Yes they should, it looks like what you have is a cheater valve that is used when absolutly nothing else is possible. It should stop gasses from venting into the attic but allows air into the line when needed. Perhaps a question over in the roofing forum on how best to install the vent.

Back