Kenmore Refridgerator

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brasileirao

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I have a Kenmore Refridgerator that I just moved. I had been sitting for a few months.

Duringt the move, we had to lay it on it's side for a few miles.

The freezer begun cooling right away when plugged in; however, the rest of the fridge has not suffered the same fate. I hear it takes about 24 hours for that to take place. Why would the freezer work right away and could there be an issue with the fridge?

Thanks,
Tony

Welcome to the Forum, Tony:
The freezer is where the cooling coil is located and the refrigerator simply circulates a measured amount of air between it and the freezer. So, if the freezer works, there is no reason the refrigerator would not.
Glenn

Hi,

Duringt the move, we had to lay it on it's side for a few miles

I hope the refrigerator stood uprite unplugged for at least the same amount of time that it was laying down.

http://www.applianceaid.com/faq-side.html

The freezer begun cooling right away when plugged in; however, the rest of the fridge has not suffered the same fate.

Freezer is where the cold is made and the fan blows that cold over to the FF section....approx 4-6 hours to start cooling and a full 24 hours before getting into an on and off routine.

jeff.

Latest posts

Back