New to the site, new to home renovations

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leolo007

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

My wife and I are looking at buying our first home together. Its a 115yo Victorian house. 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms 1700sqft. The attic has great potential to be a huge master bedroom but the access to it is through the 2nd floor bathroom... The previous owner passed at 96yrs and was living in the first floor. The house needs tons of work!

We are very excited about possibly acquiring this house and looking forward to starting to work on it even though the realtor himself thinks we'd be in over our heads.

We have a good friend who is an investor and says the house has great potential. I will keep you posted. Hopefully my next post will be asking for advice on where to start the reno.

Happy Holidays!!

Leo

Hi Leo,

welcome to the site.

I'm looking forward of your next posts...

Hi, Leo,

I'm new to the site & new to remodeling. Looking to learn before jumping in the deep end. I'm hoping to buy my first house this year and in my price range, it will likely be a fixer. I'm looking forward to your posts. I'm sure your experiences will help me. FYI, I just took a peek at This Old House online and they had a project of remodeling a Brownstone for which the new owners were adamant about keeping the period built-ins and finish touches. It might be helpful to you. Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead, but I'm sure you'll be happy with the final results. For you sanity and the sake of your marriage, you may want to make a plan to stay in a delux hotel at the end of each 3 month period.

Back