Fall

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
Well it finally cooled off in Texas.

How's the weather in your regions?

Foggy at night. Cool first frost. Heat on in truck in the morning and windows down coming home. Getting ready for the leaves to change color. Its an amazing sight.

GREAT!! It;s County Fair season..cider, mushrooms, garden harvest...Hay and corn have to come in..I love to run the shingle mill in town. Great folks.Kids love it! Weather is also great to work in this time of year, and the colors are outstanding.
Yeah, I like Fall..it keeps me more than busy.:D

We got right back up to 90's real quick. Oh well.

Inspector, do you grow your own mushrooms or hunt them?

Hot until yesterday. It's been raining for two days straight.

Didn't you know about inspector??? He practices catch and release. I keep telling him it's not like fishing, but he said the thrill was in the hunt...I think he's had a wee bit too much home made maple syrup. :rolleyes:

That syrup stuff will go straight to your brain.

I'm a hunter...my grandmother taught me as I grew up. Mostly around here we get honey mushrooms, chicken of the woods and my favorite, hen of the woods. There are some trumpets once and a while..they are tasty. But you need to know what you are picking..it gets you very sick if you get the wrong ones.

Wait..what?.... I just finished some mushroom syrup...;-)

We got right back up to 90's real quick. Oh well.

Inspector, do you grow your own mushrooms or hunt them?

Ever bring home one you aren't supposed to eat?

Mushrooms don't grow as readily here, and I've always been envious of people that can forage and do it well.

That's something else I've always wanted to do.

I have relatives that do it, but they are in New York.

Weather is finally cooling here but the question is for how long?

55 in Texas and the flannels are out of the closet.

Man I love fall.

It really is. I do like winter for basically the same reason, but wearing a coat gets old.

Back