Thin Blue Line

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frodo

Reaction score
I like this idea, Hope it catches on

http://molosyndicate.com/3/1-1598

If a Thin Blue Line Pop Up On a Curb In Your Neighborhood, here’s What It Means
by admin / Sep 17, 2015 / 0 comments

Caption: :
Thin Blue Line BY VICTORIA TAFT, Image Credit: Facebook
By :
Placerville Newswire
2015-09-17, 04:25:52 PLACERVILLE CA

The term “thin blue line” typically refers to police officers being the difference between ordered society and anarchy.

It’s honestly quite a shame that our nation has devolved to the point where many have turned their backs on those who voluntarily risk their lives to serve and protect our communities. However, it’s becoming quite clear that many people here in America couldn’t feel any more differently and have began to show signs of support to let police know that people still do care and respect them. Now, a San Antonio man is taking the “thin blue line” and starting a movement.

Small business owner Anthony Welichko appears to be keying in on the recent execution of a police officer in Texas to start what he calls the “Safe Harbor” initiative. He floated the idea on Facebook, and more than 65,000 people have shared it:

His post reads:

The Safe Harbor Initiative:

To all law enforcement who see this line, know that the residents of this home appreciate your service and dedication to keeping the peace. Know that when you enter the neighborhood and see these lines that you are not alone or without “back-up”. We do not need the media to make our voices of support for our police and emergency services heard ( though it would be nice). Lastly, if you are in my neighborhood and mean to harm a member of law enforcement, know that decision may be hazardous to you health as someone has that officers back!

Please share.

The post has been cheered on by blogs. Even the urban legend hunter website Snopes has written about the post. San Antonio TV stations KSAT and KENS told IJ that Welichko’s idea is legit, and that it is catching on at homes in Texas and even in New York.

"Now, I don’t have a curb so I can’t really participate in this particular display but I encourage any of you that do have curbs to consider painting the little blue line" wrote Robert Rich at Mad World News.

See more here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&set=a.10152226305914910.1073741825.758134909

Back