Who is everyone with

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chase

Reaction score
Just curious
I have ADT and we like it My wife loves the I the door chime so when you open a door she knows about it It is hooked up to our buliding also

I have ADT as well. I just bought my house a little over a month ago, so I've not had the service long. Though I can say that the response time is great when I forgot to deactivate the alarm. :p They called right away!

I have Guardian and we're very, very happy with them.

Keystone alarms. I can't say that I love them. They are very slow on customer service but very fast in response time. I guess you cant have everything.

I have a dog and a gun... One thing nice about Texas is if you kill an intruder IN your home you usually get off scott free...

Every person I know who has an alarm regrets getting it. I agree; dog and gun.

In Texas you can shoot an intruder in your house and get off for sure. You can also shoot someone trespassing on your property and get away if you can convince LEO they were up to no good.

Gun, knives, dogs, and the ADT sign that a neighbor gave me when he moved - the sign can do as much good as anything else - rocket launchers and land mines are probably over the top, tho.

Anyone had a break-in with the system? I'm curious of the results.

I happen to have three old timers in my "hood."They can tell me what time of the morning I get up to #&^%.
Sometimes look around at your local companies and see what packages they have to offer.
One company around here will do drive by's when you ask, I know because of the construction jobs we hire them to patrol.

Local helps everyone,;)

mine is a 2 ft steel monkey wrench.
i pity the fool .!!!!!crack!!!!!!

I have guardian and a dog. like the system,gives my wife piece of mind.

dog shot gun and shovel i will have there stone with in a week of there demise ........... need i say more?

We're using Monotronics. had the system for about 4 years now and it works great.My shop was broken into once and the p[olice caught the guys in the act of loading up my tools. I don't use an outside siren. I would rather catch them then scare em off. LOL

I think most of the well known monitoring places are all using very similar equipment now. My experience is that if you post the signs, it won't stop people from breaking in. They just limit their time inside the house so they don't get caught. They know that a lot of monitoring companies call first and check before they actually send the police.

So all you TX types- do you leave the dog with the gun when you are away?

I have a dog... and guns. (I had trouble with a neighbor once, and Police came and took my guns away for awhile, thinking I might shoot him...his dog was terrorizing my kids! I went after the dog with a gun)... Cops said it looked like Ft Apache with all my ...ahem... items of interest:)

Neighbors all looked on while they took all the armaments away...

Never had another bit of trouble with them again!

Just my two cents worth...

Jesse

Home Security? I'm thinking of ADT... but my 2 dogs, cat and "back up" plan work fine so far...

23809941jx1.jpg

Insured by Smith and Wesson!
(from a bumper sticker)
Glenn

Trespassers will be shot......survivors will be shot again.;)

Sad, sad world we are visitin.

I actually use a home grown system of sorts...I am in to home automation ...x10 stuff and I have an x10 security center attached to all the windows and doors and an added ear splitting additional horn I also have a few camras around the house. the x10 security cent does not have a service but it has a dialer the will call up to 4 numbers that I program in to it and my wife work about a mile away from home so it dials her and my folke that live about a mile away as well. No one has broken in yet but I did have a real good pic of a kid stealing a christmas Decoration. he was a neighborhood kid so I printed out the pic and gave it to his mom.. he never stole anything again. :)

Back