Basement sink full of water

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian61478

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be hitting every category on this app :)

My basement sink is full of water and therefore water is spilling all over the floor.

We had heavy rains today so I can see water seeping in but I am not understanding why just that sink would fill up and not the kitchen or bathroom sink.

The water from the washer dumps into this sink and that is all it is used for. I have a plumber coming Friday but was just curious what your thoughts were.

Thanks for the advice

1409705458873.jpg

Have you used the washer, perhaps the line is plugged between the sink and the main line.

If you have someone comming, should be a quick fix. But I would bail out the water it could get pretty rip by Friday.

There are traces of cloth material in a washing machine discharge. Some people put a mesh screen over the end of the discharge hose to catch the material to prevent pipe clogging.
Might be as simple as running a snake down the drain to clear the clog.
If you bail some water out of the tub, you might get lucky using a high strength drain opener (i.e.- concentrated sulfuric acid).

I think your main line is probably clogged and water backing up the plumbing system and coming out the lowest fixture in the house. Once the main line clog is cleared the sink will drain.
In the mean time don't use any more water or it will be flowing out the sink onto the floor. Call the plumber to come sooner. Friday is along time wait and not use any water or toilets.

Latest posts

Back