Deck Drainage Systems

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

admin_old

Reaction score
I'm moving to a house that has a deck over a patio underneath. Does anyone know a good system that can applied to an existing deck to create a "gutter" system to channel the water out to the edge of the deck?

I've seen some in the web, but no real discussion... Any experiences?

We needed a gutting system and we got a professional. He did his job but it didn't work so we waited for it to rain hell, saw were the problem was and did the drain system ourselves. It's the only way to get what you're looking for.

I've never seen a deck with a drainage system but I think it is a pretty cool idea since you have a patio underneath. I'm pretty sure there are some deck companies that offer this service. I suggests that you make a few phone calls or shoot some emails to find out what works the best for you. Make sure you do some reasearch first before hiring or buying.

My deck does not have one and I have had no issues with it so far. Mine is a higher deck off the ground though so I don't know that it needs it.

Latest posts

Back