Aggressive Deer

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The deer do return on their natural schedule. Much has to do with sunrise and sunset in addition to the rut, breeding and fawning.

The deer in our suburb can always find food and rarely resort to getting most shrubs and plantings. Being in an area with some slightly higher ground with trees and brush separated by very wide low marshy/wet areas, the routes do not change, but the time when you are up and around to notice them does change radically, especially the farther north you go. - It must tough for a deer much farther north when the sun comes up very early and sets very late (like 10:00-11:00 PM).

The deer do not really leave, but they change their patterns and timing.

Dick

Last edited:
Well I'll keep an eye out. I'm hoping he doesn't come back.

I was at a house the other day, the guy add his wifes smelly bars of soap hanging from the apple tree. He said it keeps the deer away.

They just announced 2 different week-end bow deer seasons (permit required) at a local park area. If the hunters are clumsy, the deer will just route away for the week-ends. - More cars hitting them.

The next area/suburb has more money and hires professional hunters annually to keep the deer population down. Deer adapt to people very well.

In some areas, the best way to attract deer is to start an noisy chain saw or shrub trimmer. I guess our local deer are not normally aggressive, but they possibly have become too domesticated and have few fears that require attacking since they can always just walk away. - Bears are different in the late fall and early spring. I have lost a few bird feeders within 15' of my sliding door and one neighbor had a bear in the pool (deer are too smart for that).

neal - the best soap to use in Irish Spring or something similar. I used it for 3 different winter under the hood and shavings inside my Corvette stored in a farm barn, but that was for mice because the barn was tight enough to keep deer out (LOL).

Dick

Last edited:
We see them all up and down our streets. The population is so massive you see at least three new ones a day.

The deer in our are to be quite socialized and do not panic (unless you get between the doe and the fawn. They border on being too common.

Someday, a guy by the name of Mr. Deere will win the lottery because the tickets are very accessible to all residents.

Dick

That sounds like a good product. Thanks for the link!

Well that deer never came back. We'll see if he comes back same time next year.

Any suggestion on dealing with an aggressive deer? Please keep in mind I can't shoot it.

It's attacking my dogs. My little 5lb rat terrier was kicked pretty hard last night. The deer won't run away till I come out there, but of course if it wanted to it could destroy me, so I'm looking for options.

I was thinking the pepper spray they use to stop dogs?

This guy will keep the deer out of the yard. We've had a few sighting lately

39780abbotsfordCougar.jpg

Latest posts

Back