Dishwasher wont start

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGriffths

Reaction score
Been running into some problems with my Frigidaire 1500 series dishwasher. First it would run through the cycle and stop at some point and the lights would blink. Now we load the dishwasher and attempt to start the cycle only to find that when we push the Start button, the lights only blink. Anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this and how to fix it?

You could call the maytag repair guy...
I have had to remove the covers to the inside drain on mine. They sometimes get junk in the waste filter and something which needs to spin or move cannot. I found broken glass in the bottom of mine. I got it to work.
Usually the blinking light is a code. If you could figure that out, let us know.:D

Yeah, we'd need to know the blinking light code. Check the usual stuff though. See if there is something backing it up. You're best bet in the end might be to call a repair guy.

According to a web search, you door switch is not making contact when you close and latch the door. We are advised to remove it, clean it and reinstall it if it test good while you have it out.

Back