Driveway Resurfacing

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can keep repairing it but dick's advice is the most sound,,, all that's been mentioned is our work & some can't be saved ( think lipstick & PIG ! )

to our mate in the land of oz, lighten up on the self-promo's,,, most everyone knows about polymer-modified cements & o'lays,,, for the most part, epoxies are a no-no in the sun, too !

I sent the photos to a few contractors and a number of them recommended that I epoxy the driveway and acid stain it.

I looked it up on Google and I do like the epoxy with the pebble face. Has anyone tried to do this themselves or do I need a pro for this?

If I need a pro whats the going rate per sqft?

Thank you!
There is a company in Las Vegas called Pebblestone Coatings. They install epoxy with the pebbles in it. I've seen their work done on a driveway down the street from me and it looks great. I had an estimate done but am waiting to save some money for this project. I would give them a call. It's not cheap but it looks great and I'm going to eventually go with it because they offer a warranty on it and I don't want to have the issues like you are having with the skim coat surface.

Last edited:
I've seen hundreds of post over the years on all the DIY sites from people asking what to do when it all starts peeling off.

A family member had this done on an outside patio. It requires upkeep and maintenance. I would not recommend for a driveway that is exposed to elements, especially if budget is consideration. This would be nice for garage interior or covered patio.

Back