Maytag refrigerator not cooling

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R-SOLO

Reaction score
I've changed the control board,t-stat.the defrost heater is good,any idea what's going on ?

Model#MTG2558KEW,THE T-STAT WAS GOOD,COULDN'T TELL IF THE CONTROL BOARD WAS OR NOT

MTG2558KEW

Won't come up for me online, please recheck.

It's not cooling at all,no strange noises

No cooling at all in either sections?...if yes, for sure pull the unit out and remove lower back panal to see if the compressor is running or not. Both fans and compressor should be running at the same time.

jeff.

Hear things working like the evaporator fan motor, condensor fan motor, compressor? Inspected the cooling/evaporator coils?

??

No cooling at all in either sections?

??

if yes, for sure pull the unit out and remove lower back panal to see if the compressor is running or not. Both fans and compressor should be running at the same time.

??

Checked anything yet?

mff2558kew

That one works :)

jeff.

Everything was running,so i charged it with freon,will reply in 24 hrs.

Here's another problem with a different refridgerator,it won't stop making ice.model#tfx20jrx.

Everything was running

That's when you access the evaporator/cooling coils to see what is happening with the frost pattern....all evenly frosted, 1/2 frosted and 1/2 bare, ball of ice, etc.

Here's another problem with a different refridgerator,it won't stop making ice.model#tfx20jrx

Wand arm on the side of the icemaker not jammed, can move freely? Lift the arm up in the off position to see if the icemaker will then shut off.

jeff.

That's been done,but still makes ice.

New icemaker time then.

9 models start with those.

Ice-Maker-Assembly-WR30X10093-00698628.jpg

Replacement icemaker kit, electronic. 4 pin round plug-in connector, 6 post plug-in connector, fill cup and tube included in kit Manufacturer Number WR30X10093

jeff.

Ok on the ice maker,but the one with the cooling problem,I think I didn't put enough freon in it..

Should have the amount on the model/serial tag, EG:

model.jpg

jeff.

Found out fridge has a leak in line behind compressor

Found out fridge has a leak in line behind compressor

That section that sits in the drain pan?....that was common as the tubing would turn green and rot out.

jeff.

How difficult is this to repair ,i've never removed an rrfridgerator compressor?

How difficult is this to repair ,i've never removed an rrfridgerator compressor?

Normally the compressor stays in place but often the condensor fan motor comes out for more room to access the tubing. High side must be flushed out, new drier welded in, not a bad job is you are good at welding in tight places without setting wiring and such on fire ;)

jeff.

Removing the compressor looks to be the best way to get to the bad spot,does that spot need to be cut out or just sodering it will work.

Can't weld the area where the corresion is, replacing that whole section of tubing is best and weld with good clean ends.

Removing the compressor looks to be the best way to get to the bad spot

Haven't had to yet.

jeff.

Back