First time homeowner, with plenty of questions...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwoods213

First Time Homeowner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a 30 year old first time homeowner - my wife and I bought a house last year that is structurally sound but needed major cosmetic repairs. Shag carpeting, really old wallpaper and damaged walls - just rough.

So far since December, we have replaced all flooring with hard maple and cherry, with just one more room to do. We are expecting a baby around Thanksgiving, so I'm trying to get the last of the cosmetic work done.

I'll have questions about all sorts of topics - everything I'm doing/have done is a first for me. I enjoy home repair and renovation, and I've found that I'm pretty good at it. My goal is to complete all projects without bringing in outside professional help - no matter how big the job. So far, we have only hired a contractor to install our water softening system, and only because it was paid for by the previous owners.

Anyway, I hope you can all me get this place up to par - my wife will surely appreciate it.

-Matt

Welcome to the site, congrats on the house and baby and bravely digging in.
We have lot's of answers, it will be up to you to sort out the good or the questionable.

Welcome to the site. And congrats on the baby. My second was born while i was still in the middle of a project. The two kids fell asleep to the sound of me hammering on many occasions.

Back