Ignitor Wire question on 2002 Armstrong Heater

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Is the furnace turned off at a wall switch?"
I had time to really diagnose it today. It's not turned off at the switch nor has a fuse blown. I even decided to update the Thermostat and get rid of the old mercury switch. I get the expected currents coming from the thermostat to the unit in each mode, fan, AC and heat. The code light constantly blinks "Normal operation, calling for heat" (That would be constantly blinking 2 blinks per second, no pauses) when there is any power on the unit. No fan running, fan only running, AC on and finally heat on but when you go to heat, the Inducer motor never kicks on. This caused me to think blown control board. I turned the power off and waited a few minutes to assure no residual power might be lurking anywhere and pulled the board. If you look at the attached .jpg (not exactly my board, it's similar but not exact), in the bottom right hand corner of the board are 4 blue Capacitors or resistors (never knew how to tell them apart). On the back of the board running from one side of the capacitor/resistor to the other of the two middle ones was a heavy dark streak. It looks like an electrical short. So I am sure that is why I am getting the behavior I am getting from the unit. I just wonder if the board just blew or might there be something that caused this? All constructive input will be appreciated:help:.

Not my board for illustration only.jpg

Do you possibly have a part number for the wire you ordered? I need one as well.

Back