New to the site.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seidcpl

Reaction score
We're a couple from S.E. Idaho, hence the title "seidcpl" who enjoy working on and improving our home. No kids, two dogs (Poms), two cats (adopted strays) and enough squirrels & birds to keep them busy. I'm putting in two egress windows tomorrow (6/2/07) and am worried about cutting the concrete holes properly. Hope I don't screw it up! After that I'm putting in a bay window, followed by a waterfall/pond in the front yard. Any suggestions, hints, advice, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome Seidcpl, Information is the best ticket to home improvement. Getting the right info on your project is a must then you feel a little more at ease and you get more confidence doing it.
Your going to love the pond and waterfall I know we sure do.

pondwaterfall1.jpg

pondwaterfall2.jpg

Daryl that looks great....but where is the miniature golf course going in?

Tranquility is key...I'm sure that waterfall hides those annoying lawn mower and screeching kid noises.;)

Welcome to the South East Idaho Couple!
For the cuts in the concrete you can rent a portable diamond blade saw and make a beautiful cut. The saw is like a chainsaw with a circular blade on the front. Use some water with it to keep the dust down; the concrete dust is a carcinogen that is toxic to your lungs. I would also rent a hammerdrill with long bits and drill each corner all the way through before any cutting. That way, if the saw doesn't cut all the way through from one side you can go to the other side, connect the dots and saw some more. If you have to use the saw indoors, be sure to use the water, open everything you can (doors and windows) and use a fan to force clean air to you.
Glenn

Daryl that looks great....but where is the miniature golf course going in?

Tranquility is key...I'm sure that waterfall hides those annoying lawn mower and screeching kid noises.;)
You mean this one... Problem is all the holes are plugged with Sprinkler Heads:D :D :D
Nothing nicer than the sound of moving water to relax.
Hey Seidcpl, Hope this gives you a few idea's

backleft.jpg

backright.jpg

leftwithpond.jpg

Back