Thermostat wiring 240v

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John52

Reaction score
Hello,
I wired a new Aube TH106 thermostat to two new Dimplex baseboard heaters. Breaker is double pole. Thermostat display looks good, I can program it and I am getting good heat. Problem is that it will not shut off when it reaches the set temp.
I have included my schematic of how I have it wired. Is it correct?
Thanks in advance for your help.

John

Baseboard-heater-wiring.jpg

wired correctly, it's either programmed wrong or defective.

Drawing is correct. Your stat is either defective or you have the wires on the wrong terminals

Thanks everyone for your input. I also got a response from Honeywell technical support. They agreed I have it wired correctly. I am going to get a replacement for a defective unit.

Bypass the stat and turn on the breaker. See if the heaters get hot.

I was surprised to see it was a single pole switch, that leaves the heater live all summer long. That's a good chance for someone not thinking to make a mistake.

I was surprised to see it was a single pole switch, that leaves the heater live all summer long. That's a good chance for someone not thinking to make a mistake.

I agree with you. :thbup: I always install a two pole thermostat on a 240v heater. This way it has a definite off.

Back