basement Floor Drains

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1victorianfarmhouse

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a few old uncapped floor drains in my basement like the one pictured. They seem to work fine, but I would like to "finish" them off so I can add PVC piping, caps, etc. rather than having open holes in the floor.

Is there something like a JB Weld type of adhesive I could use to seal any type of piping I add to bring this up to floor level? I'd like to find iron, ceramic or plastic piping.

Comments welcome, as always!

Thanks,

vince

4-3-2011 Pics 002.jpg

Yes, I cleaned out the dirt. What you show is pretty much what I want, but really don't need to break up any concrete or rough it in, just set it into place and pour concrete, epoxy, etc into place around the edges of new and old pipe ends.

Thanks,

vince

Sure would be nice if it was that easy....

But you do want the strainer to be removable so people in the future can clean out the dirt and clear blockages...

you also want this to seal correctly to the pipe to keep things like concrete, epoxy, etc from going past it into the drain and sealing the drain shut...

Back