Hello, and looking for help identifying a door hinge

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunawithcheeze

Reaction score
1st post, so hello all! ...I'm sort of a newbie do-it-yourselfer trying to make all of the mistakes first so that I can learn :)

I've tried Google and searching here too, to identify what kind of door hinges these are and whether I can remove them. So far, I've only found one post that cane near to my topic but the replies weren't directed to the question.

All the interior door frames in the entire house are made of metal. The door hinges look like they are either part of the door frame (welded, made like that, etc...) or they were slotted into the side (see photos). Ultimately, I'm trying to re-align some of the doors which don't close perfectly any more (rubbing against the door frame).

Any advice on the topic would be helpful.

Thanks!
--Eric

P.S. And no, the screws are not covered with paint, there are none on the frame side, only door side.

20121106_001600.jpg

20121106_001549.jpgg

20121106_001609.jpg

Welcome to the site!
I think you are stuck with adjusting the door. Just to make it easy to understand, lets get the language thing straight.
If you have the door closed while you are inside. where does the door touch the frame hinge side, knob side, top, top hinge side and top knob side. Then how is the gap around the door where it dosn't touch, gap should be the same everywhere.

Back