O rings squeaking in Hot faucet

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkeye1959

Reaction score
Faucet installed perhaps six months or so ago developed a squeaking noise from o ring friction in mechanism. I have taken it apart and noted two good o rings on the assembly. upon reinstall it was quiet for a few days without adding anything to them. Question is what is suggested method for stopping squeak from the friction. I imagine anything not suited for consumption in this area would be out of the question. Perhaps a vegetable oil or olive oil?

Plumbers grease!

That'll be the stuff you want to use...

attachment.php

MD_GR1.JPG

Faucet installed perhaps six months or so ago developed a squeaking noise from o ring friction in mechanism. I have taken it apart and noted two good o rings on the assembly. upon reinstall it was quiet for a few days without adding anything to them. Question is what is suggested method for stopping squeak from the friction. I imagine anything not suited for consumption in this area would be out of the question. Perhaps a vegetable oil or olive oil?

Thanks for the information. Being a single, female I don't know a lot of this valuable information. It took me 3 trips to the supply house and they gave me some verbal instructions. I am looking for anything about plumbing boston. Any takers?

Back