Is this mold?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Famudeedo

Reaction score
Please take a look. If it is, what can I do about this?

ImageUploadedByHome Repair1394325923.091463.jpg

Last edited:
Almost looks like you had a lot of moisture build up on the walls and it dripped down. Does not look like mold. Is this a bathroom? If so, is there a vent used when taking baths and showers?

Almost looks like you had a lot of moisture build up on the walls and it dripped down. Does not look like mold. Is this a bathroom? If so, is there a vent used when taking baths and showers?

Thanks for the reply.. It is the sink in the bathroom area of the master bedroom.. As you can see, the shower is behind a separate door.. But it's right on the other side of the wall of interest. Funny thing is there is nothing showing on the other side of that wall inside the shower room. There is a vent/fan in the shower room.. But occasionally some steam does get out of the shower room and accumulates up on the mirror and walls of the sink area. If it is just moisture, could you explain how it looks so dark like that? Thanks so much

ImageUploadedByHome Repair1394330872.705567.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

OP,
It doesn't appear to be mold. It may be some sort of stain from something on the wall such as insufficiently removed wallpaper paste that has finally bled through.

OP,
It doesn't appear to be mold. It may be some sort of stain from something on the wall such as insufficiently removed wallpaper paste that has finally bled through.

That makes sense. Often, stains will all of a sudden just show up as they bleed through with time. To cover this, get a really good stain blocking primer, like the best one Kilz makes. Then repaint.

To cover this, get a really good stain blocking primer, like the best one Kilz makes. Then repaint.

This ^. My preference is CoverStain, the original, not the low odor. It seems to work the best for me.

Doesn't look like mold, it could be a stain from moisture perhaps..

Latest posts

Back