going to need a pro - Raleigh NC area

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgm

Reaction score
What appeared to be a failing grout problem in master bath has turned out to be a major issue. I've got rotten subfloor under the tile, showerpan, not yet sure how far out or where the moisture is getting in. This is going to be beyond my time availability and skill. Is anybody out there, or can anybody out there recommend a pro adept at this type of repair in the Raleigh NC area.

I don't think I can PM yet, so please respond with contact info if possible.

Thanks

Go to your local lumber yard, or tile store. Not the big box stores, and ask for some references of the better qualified folks in your area. Also get references of past jobs from the companies you contact.
Better Business Bureau and a state agency in your area for contractors may also help.
Try some freinds or freinds freinds. Once you get the word out, you will get some local names. Local chamber of commerce, any church folks, you get the idea. Anyone from here probably will just spam you anyway.

Sorry to hear about the loose soap dish, I had a feeling it might be worse than you thought.
Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. Has anyone had any luck with Angie's List as an alternative to BBB?

Sorry to hear about the loose soap dish, I had a feeling it might be worse than you thought.
Good luck.

Actually the soap dish in the upstairs bath wasn't the big issue - right now I've got it sealed up and it doesn't look like enough water got behind the tiles to do significant damage, though you may still be right about that in the long run.

When I was looking at that the wife mentioned some loose grout in the downstairs master bath -- that's what led to the discovery that the entire subfloor under and around my shower pan is wet and rotting out. Makes that other problem seem non-stressful, though.

The good (?) news seems to be that with the new-housing slowdown there should be plenty of subs available to do the work, just need to find a good one.

JGM

Good to hear, I think?:)

I don't like angies list. I only trust referals, of course I am contractor and have been spoiled.:D

I know who is the best in my area by talking to the locals if I am in another town. That is just how it works.
Someone at work, neighbor, local hardware store guy.
Even the realtors know who is good.:)

Happy hunting.:)

Back