Cutting pavers

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chan

Reaction score
Hello all,

Don't know if I have posted in the right forum.

I have purchased some 400 * 400 * 40 mm sandstone concrete pavers. I am trying to cutting them with my hand help circular saw and grinder. I have stopped cutting it when I see sparkle.

Are they capable for the job? Do I need special blades or even a special tool to cut the concrete pavers?

Thanks.

Chan

chan: Welcome back, it's only be six years. Pick up a diamond blade for the cercular saw. You can get some cheap for a couple dozen cuts or pay up to $100 you can cut alot. Or you can get a masonary stone, looks like a grinder stone but it is different, maybe 6 or 7 dollars. Have a helper with a hose with a little water running, for dust control.

Save yourself a lot of grief (and $$$ spent on masonry blades) by not trying to cut completely through each paver, full-depth. Rather, just score each one on all 4 sides, about 1/8" deep with your saw. Then use a brickset and small 3-lb. maul to break the pavers on one of the wide face's score lines.

Latest posts

Back