Fun, Easy Patio Project: Would Like Input

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course you are at a DIY forum so we normally don’t consider costs other than raw materials and then the pleasure is in the doing. Iron work is not in everyone’s bag of tricks though I do understand.

The problem I have with works of vision is the things no one else will ever see not knowing the back story is the one thing I will always see first if I don’t follow the vision I have.

We have similar issues where my vision may not be hers and no matter how detailed I get with my autocad inventor rendering she’s never sure, and like you 99% of the time when the finished project is unveiled its all thumbs up from her. Some people have trouble thinking in 3D more than others.

I once had a mentor an older guy when I was young and getting started. He said 99% of the people know how to vote on if they like a design or not whereas only 1% can visualize it in advance. That’s the critic in us all I guess. It seems to hold true if it’s an automobile or a Frank Lloyd Wright home or even less tangible things like a novel or a movie.

Make the post out of 4" angle iron and with anchor bolts tie them to the corners of the deck, the heavy ones, 3/8" thick.

Back