Whirlpool Ice Maker Control & Motor Assembly broken

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TGrayson

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Just recently I noticed my Whirlpool Ice Maker bin not filling with ice. The ice tray had ice in it but it was not kicking it out. After removing the ice maker, I notice that the gear shaft that is connected to the ejector arm was broken. OK, simple, I will just order the part and replace the gear (marked Do Not Rotate Manually 628358), the part should be relatively inexpensive, right? No. Apparently that gear is not available by itself. I have to purchase the whole motor assembly for about $58.

So my question is, does anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase just the gear? I've tried to super glue it but I think I did not let it set long enough before I subjected it to the freezer, so it broke right away. I will try one more time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have a semilar issue. The rocker arm on my unit is broken and i can find a replacement without buying the Icemaker Control and Motor Assembly complet. I need a $4 part and they require yoiu to buy a $58 part.

Latest posts

Back