Tough carpet Stains

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailBanger

Contractor
Reaction score
I am looking for some home remedy tips on trying to remove some dark stains off of a light carpet. as it being a rental unit - i am unsure of the origin of the stain- ie: oil/coffee etc.
thanks for you suggestions

"Let's Get It Down"

Indooroutdoorguy....

"use vinegar and water solution on the stain, then put a cloth on it and then iron it."

worked like a charm! - you guys are great - thank you
"Let's Get it Done"

Lately I have been using white vinegar and water to clean more and more surfaces. Wondering why I wasted money for years on all these other products. My latest Cheap-Oh thing is using the Swiffer cleaner but instead of buying the expensive pads I snap paper towels on the Swiffer and spray mist of Vinegar and water on and clean the laminate flooring. Works great and costs little. :agree:

Sprinkle the baking soda over the carpet where the dark stains on it, leave it full night and wash next day. Then, it completely removes dark stains.

I often use baking soda and let it absorb the stain and then I vacuum the carpet. Sometimes I also add in dish washing liquid and vinegar if baking soda and water isn't enough.

Back