Flagstone?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rincon

Reaction score
Hope this is the right forum. I have some man made flagstone that my wife bought at Lowes. I need o cut a coupkle pieces of it so she can place it where she needs it. I have seen some shows showing how you can score the back and then place some under it and snap it along where you scored it. Does this work for man made flagstone, or do I need some kind of saw. They are about 2 inches thick. Thank you.

If it's the ones I'm thinking of -- made from concrete, you would get a more even edge if you cut part way thru with an abrasive blade and then break it.

Yes sir, that's the ones. Made of concrete. So I could cut the back with a angle grindermaybe half way through then snap? I will give it a try. Thanks.

Rincon, if the other edges are rather rough I think you will better duplicate the factory edge if after you score the back, hit it with a heavy mallet from the back instead of snapping it. Try a few different ways and see what works best.

Back