DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Windows and Doors > Glass Block Window for shower/exterior wall

Old 04-02-2017, 02:13 AM  
zannej

Liked 438 Times on 314 Posts
Likes Given: 2548

I'm still waiting to hear back from the Ply Gem manufacturers but I heard from Jeld-wen-- they said the windows can't be in direct continuous water spray from either outside or inside (so no spraying the windows with a garden hose to clean them). Since I plan to put a curtain over the window from the inside it shouldn't be an issue-- but I don't like the no hose thing-- is that normal for windows these days?

I wonder if Ply Gem has the same rules for their windows.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:08 PM  
nealtw
Contractor retired

Liked 2724 Times on 2395 Posts
Likes Given: 4450

Quote:
Originally Posted by zannej View Post
I'm still waiting to hear back from the Ply Gem manufacturers but I heard from Jeld-wen-- they said the windows can't be in direct continuous water spray from either outside or inside (so no spraying the windows with a garden hose to clean them). Since I plan to put a curtain over the window from the inside it shouldn't be an issue-- but I don't like the no hose thing-- is that normal for windows these days?

I wonder if Ply Gem has the same rules for their windows.
I have never heard of that.

zannej Likes This 
Old 04-03-2017, 08:43 AM  
slownsteady
Administrator
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 1059 Times on 873 Posts
Likes Given: 1725

Spraying with a garden hose is not considered "continuous". I think it means "do not install in Car Wash"
zannej Likes This 
Old 04-03-2017, 11:59 AM  
zannej

Liked 438 Times on 314 Posts
Likes Given: 2548

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Spraying with a garden hose is not considered "continuous". I think it means "do not install in Car Wash"
Except that the instructions/maintenance/care for the Jeld-wen specifically said not to spray the windows with a garden hose.

I get not pressure spraying them so they don't break, but they said that spraying with a hose would let water leak in to the walls.

Been too sick to call Ply Gem to ask them, but I don't recall seeing anything in their stuff about no hosing.