DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Plumbing Forum > Improper plumbing & trying to remodel bathroom/laundry

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:35 PM  
zannej

Liked 492 Times on 357 Posts
Likes Given: 2869

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo View Post
glacier bay is crap, jmo buy a moen or a delta

we had a storm, lights been of for 2 days
The Moen is what I was looking at, but it was apparently made of plastic and had plastic cartridges and people said it broke easily and had other issues. Is Pfister any good? My old faucet in my bathroom is Aquasource and I'm replacing it with Pfister (because it better matches the decor). My Delta kitchen faucet is garbage, but maybe because it was a low-end cheap one. Maybe I should just spend more $ and get a slightly more expensive Moen faucet. I like the high arc and swivel spout. I like this faucet but want it in chrome. The chrome version has porcelain handles. Weird thing is, the one I got with porcelain handles also came in a chrome handle version but is no longer listed on the site.

I'm going to keep looking-- maybe Lowes will have something. Thanks for the advice, btw! I really appreciate it.
Save

Old 10-26-2017, 11:46 PM  
slownsteady
Administrator
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 1130 Times on 936 Posts
Likes Given: 1846

Moen uses plastic cartridges in all (I think) faucets. I just developed a drip in my bathroom faucet that I installed in 2001. I called Moen, answered a few questions and they sent me two new cartridges for free under warranty. They aren't very hard to replace. Right now, I am a fan of Moen.

zannej Likes This 
Old 10-28-2017, 05:04 PM  
zannej

Liked 492 Times on 357 Posts
Likes Given: 2869

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Moen uses plastic cartridges in all (I think) faucets. I just developed a drip in my bathroom faucet that I installed in 2001. I called Moen, answered a few questions and they sent me two new cartridges for free under warranty. They aren't very hard to replace. Right now, I am a fan of Moen.
Ok. I actually had to replace ceramic disc cartridges in the Aquasource one-- probably because of the sediment in the water. So, if Moen can keep supplying the cartridges, it shouldn't be bad. One of the complaints people had though, as that the decorative base/flange thing was made of plastic and tended to break/crack. But, worst case scenario, I might be able to just use something metal and make it fit. Might end up going with that Moen Brantford or Banbury or whatever. I have the link somewhere. LOL.