DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Wall Coverings > Wallpaper

Old 12-01-2015, 01:43 AM  
chrisn
paper hanger , painter

Liked 48 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by giterdone View Post
I literally haven't spent days taking down wallpaper! It is such a PITA! Never used so much chomp and dif in my life. hahah. I don't think I could ever put up wall paper after my experience of taking them down
If it was applied PROPERLY it should take no more than a couple hours to strip a normal size room. The problem is that whom ever installed it did not apply a wall covering primer first.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:39 PM  
SUPERHOUSE

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have just helped one of my friends to decorate her bedroom. She loves wallpaper and all kinds of wall art. We got lots of creative and interesting wall art ideas Pinterest. Actually we want to decorate the room with all kinds of DIY things so we really did lots of DIY works.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:13 AM  
Christianwelch
Established Member

Hello friends,
My house is also decorated completely with wallpapers. I don't think its trend is outdated because every day new designs are updated. What we did in our house was that for each room we gave separate wallpapers based on our interests. We have used paint only to paint the outside wall. We have to maintain it very well. Before sticking wallpaper we must first apply covering primer. Then it will last for long.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:37 AM  
Gary
Liked 101 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I'm not a fan of wallpaper, but about a year ago I broke down & did the back wall of the foyer in wallpaper (wall vinyl). It's a photo I took from a helicopter ride we took over NYC during our 40th wedding anniversary trip. Converted it to a black and white image, then added color to match the stairway carpet and texture to give it a wallpaper look. Then printed the same image in it's original colors on 3 canvas panels. Being printable wall vinyl rather than paper it will remove easily when we get tired of the image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	foyer wall.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	13537  
havasu Likes This