DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > HouseRepairTalk Website Help > Windows 7 help

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:10 AM  
Rusty
Flooring installer
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just remember, W10 is the first one you don't own. They can change it anytime they want to whatever is next and will. Someday soon, you will be paying a monthly fee to use whatever system they have. It will be like Office where there is a monthly fee.
A friend searched for Chrome to download it on his W10 computer. He got instead a notice telling him he could search for anything on Bing, he did not need Chrome.

nealtw Likes This 
Old 01-23-2018, 08:24 AM  
slownsteady
Administrator
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 1161 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 1907

But he persisted and got Chrome anyway, right?? No different than your phone. Besides, with the new rules on net neutrality, we will be paying to see this forum soon.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:08 AM  
bud16415
Fixer Upper
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 1580 Times on 1207 Posts
Likes Given: 844

You know me the marketplace should have the last word and competition is what makes it grow and improve. When I got notice of W10 free upgrade I talked to some of my computer savvy friends and asked what they thought. They said do it now or do it later as most likely my next PC will come with it. They advised jump on the train its going to be the only train sooner or later. I put it on my computer and played with it for about an hour. It had some cool features and some I didn’t care for. I then reverted back wasting my free version. I figured I was 100% happy before so I will wait till I have to have it take a few hours and learn it and switch when I have to, Or maybe it will be W11 or 12 by then and I will be glad I skipped it just like I have in the past with other upgrades.

The one I get a kick out of is word. 20 years ago word did everything I could ever want it to do it was 100% satisfying to me. It has been upgraded 10 times by now. I’m still using word 2000 and have no desire for more.

It is more of a game anymore spinning this stuff around than using it for practical application it seems to me. always moving a often used feature from one pull down to another just to drive me and Neal nuts. Haha.

Leave the internet alone I say it is like the wild west.
nealtw Likes This 
Old 01-23-2018, 01:17 PM  
Rusty
Flooring installer
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I still have a Word 2010 that I put on every computer. I had a college class where we were required to use Word 365. Even the computer teacher hated it.